Being Mean is EXHAUSTING

Hopefully everyone has figured out that my blog battle with Josh was a farce, fake, phony, NOT REAL. I did write faux in the first line
My views were double what they usually are, which amuses me. Given certain unpublished comments, I can tell reading is a struggle for some, and I may have lost followers who cannot read well/misunderstood.
As suspected, Josh is so likable, nearly no one took my side.

In the meantime, yesterday was a Wednesday, which I believe I’ve mentioned are not my best days? I had to drop The Mister off at a training site, run morning errands, pick Sassy up from afters, pick The Mister up from work, then come home to my evening work.
Since driving agitates my anxiety and shopping is no picnic, either, I had planned to do few things between errands and pick up — wash linens, eat lunch, play Mario Kart, and take a nap. I said this to my family, “You know what I’m going to carve out time for today?”
“A nap?”
“Yes! And?”

“Mario Kart! I haven’t played in over a week!”
They laughed and I do not know why.

But instead, I had to have an internet fight.
Internet fights are exhausting, much more than driving or shopping. My last internet fight was with The Mister in 2008. He was returning from Iraq and his parents wanted to come to the airport with me, whereas our idea was that he should come home alone with me, shower, and fulfill his primary duty. He didn’t want to tell them that, he wanted me to tell them.

(ya know, since typing that last sentence, i’ve stared at the wall and eaten twenty-some walnuts and i really think there’s a whole post there…)

Do you have any idea how hard it is to pretend to be upset? To feign feeling indignant? To take things out of context, embellish their importance, and run them into the ground? Just to be mean, petty, and argumentative? It’s exhausting!
(Imagine, that’s the new “journalism.” Heh.)

So no, I didn’t have a nap, and I didn’t play any Mario Kart. I did eat lunch and wash the linens, and once the bed was made, I lay down with Catticus, who likes a made bed as much as I do, only to realize Moo’s arrival was imminent.

Moo was tired yesterday, too, and slept like this on the way to get her daddy, while we waited, and until we arrived at the library, where she staggered out of the van and I passed her off to The Mister for safekeeping.

moo1
She frequently does this with her quilt, and I can only assume, like a bird, she gets overstimulated…
“No quilt? I’ll just use my sweatshirt!”

Yesterday was Sassy’s last student council meeting and The Mister has no Wednesday classes now that the semester is over. Wednedays should resume being happy enough, and for that, I am so grateful.

Last night I was in bed before the sun had gone all the way down. I woke the girls this morning and went back to bed until 9:30. It was awesome. (For best results, you should read awesome in a high pitch near squeal-level.)

I’d thought to berate Josh for fake-provoking me, instead of accepting accountability for my own fake response, but then I remembered how much fun it is to play Mario Kart and thinking meh with a shoulder shrug used almost no energy at all.

Are you good at pretending? What taxes or exhausts you? Do you sleep with your face covered like Moo?

42 Responses to Being Mean is EXHAUSTING

1. NotAPunkRocker says:

I always have to have a cover when I sleep, so maybe it is just a general comfort thing. If I hide my face in even the slightest bit, Creature #1 bops my nose. I’ve already got a scar from a scratch on my leg, I’m not risking one on my face!

So, no feud? Well, darn. I was late to all the excitement :/

2. Josh Wrenn says:

Did you really lose followers over our fake battle? I’m so sorry!!!!! I thought we made it pretty clear it was a joke. Get some Mario Kart in, and have a great day!

3. Nothing like a good, old-fashioned pretend internet fight to break up the monotony, eh?

Haha I’m exhausted just reading this!

Looks like Moo has her own version of what I like to call “the introvert sweater”! http://tinyurl.com/q8q6jru

6. I cannot believe you would lose followers over the whole fake argument thing with Josh! I enjoyed your little spat! 🙂

stupid people exhaust me, so I’m pretty much exhausted most of the time…there are no end to the streams of stupid that come around the bend.

8. renxkyoko says:

That would be very exhausting. I tend to not retreat, unless I voluntarilly do so.

9. orbthefirst says:

I DO sleep like Moo. Lol

10. hollie says:

I cannot stand anything over my face, especially sheets or blankets. Also, I stink at Mario Kart. I’m like really, really bad at it. I’m glad it is Thursday, which should be a better day for you regardless of faux fighting and because Scandal, obviously!

• I WAS really, really bad at Mario Kart. Sassy said, “You’re like a freak of nature, there is no way anyone could possible suck so much!” I kept running into everything, leaping to my death, and of course, going the wrong way, haha! I played the thing ALONE one day. Had the big screen all to myself. Now I’m pretty good. (When I keep at it!) I still don’t do as well when 3 or 4 play it, I gotta see the road!
      I’m excited for Scandal 🙂 And I’m glad tomorrow is Friday!

• hollie says:

I’ll have to tell Owen he’s not the only kid who thinks their mom is freakishly bad. I’ve never played by myself but I leap to my death and go the wrong way like the whole game and when I’m not doing that, I’m looking at the wrong guy and it screws me all up!

You are SO right (as usual) – even fake fights are over-stimulatingly exhausting.

Love that thing about Mister wanting YOU to tell the ‘rents. Didn’t he realize fulfilling his primary duty AFTER.you had to tell them would have … Well it probably wouldn’t have gotten fulfilled, huh 💥

Raqi’s has slept with her bunny over her face from the moment her baby hands could put it there. I loved seeing Moo have the same tendencies!.

I LOVE that you flaunt your naps, and Mario Cart. I always feel guilty. Doesn’t stop me from napping, but it takes a little longer to fall asleep. I also love the pic of Moo. Overstimulated! I can relate!

Love,
    E

13. I only cover my face in freezing winter. That causes my breath to warm the bedding. Then, as soon as I am warm, I remove my head. I can’t stand my head covered. Dang. I meant to not be personal on blogs and you have made me be personal. Oh well, at least I haven’t been to war, real or faux!
    I never got pie either, and this still makes me sad.

14. markbialczak says:

I loathe confrontation so much I can’t even fake it, Joey.

Lame App solitaire is OK. Some fake casino apps for no dollars. There was one faux iPad pinball game I liked, but I can’t find it anymore. I’m no gamer, either, obviously. Let’s change the subject before I bore you to tears or you decide to pick a fake fight with me.

Sometimes in the winter I’ll put on a hoodie and pull it on over my head in sit in my recliner and avoid stuff, even when I’m home alone.

15. Anxious Mom says:

I got a few new followers off of this thing. That’s it, every Wednesday shall be fake blog war day. As long as I just encourage, get a few extra followers, and not have to get my hands dirty.

16. Haha, that’s a funny photo with the sweatshirt – maybe she is part bird 😉
    Also I’m totally with you on naps: they are sacred time that should be carved out of the day, and they are oh so amazing. Makes me think I should toddle off and have one now!

17. Pistachios says:

Haha I reckon it’s great how you say driving is bad for your anxiety but you like playing Mario Kart. Perhaps it would help if you could use the power-ups in real life driving (?)

18. Benson says:

I can sleep anywhere, head covering optional. I think a post about you, Mister and his primary duty would be most welcome. I like walnuts, and they are good for you too. What is Mario Cart? Thank Mister for his service, on my behalf please.

19. Jesus, my whole life is pretending. Lol. Also, Mario Kart pisses me off to no end. PEach especially. Oh how I hate PEach!!!

20. suzjones says:

When I am really exhausted, I like to put on my dressing gown, lay on the cough and pull the dressing gown over my head and nap! I’m with Moo. 😉