It’s Going to Take a Month

Yes, I am home from vacation.
I am not even close to recovered from vacation.
But we are older now, and wiser, so we scheduled our return early in order to leave three days of staycation to recover.

We got home last night.
Our Catticus was scarcely seen by the housesitter all week, but when we came home, he came to claim the luggage and very clearly told us we cannot leave again for a long, long time.

catticusbags
That luggage is still sitting there, too.
Oh, like you hurry to do laundry when you get home.

No, we came home, people came over, and we hurried downtown to see the fireworks. I was overtired last night and for once, my anxiety did not win, because I was smart enough to realize I was supposed to be exhausted.
I am still quite sleepy today, even though my activity was minimal. I had morning sex. That was probably my mistake, haha, because after that, I could barely muster the energy to pull a robe off the hook and tie it! I made coffee. I read a buncha blogs. I got so tired while reading, I hadda have a lie-down. I walked around tsking at weeds and pulled a few. I put that frozen lasagna in the oven and I even took it out and cut it. I put the plug in the sink and ran water to soak the dishes. Seriously, I am like a zombie.

We had a wonderful vacation. Just wonderful. Won.Der.Ful.

It almost made up for not having a vacation the last five years, heh.

I ate and drank my way down the gulf, and if you follow me on Instagram, then you saw a lot of what I ate and drank, but here are some highlights:

smokin oyster brewery ft myers

smokin oyster brewery ft myers

homemade mojito in gulf breeze

homemade mojito in gulf breeze

We had all the good times, and saw all the good people, and I would venture to say, I’ve got enough blog fodder to fill July.
Little by little, I shall.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to It’s Going to Take a Month

1. I’m impressed by your ability to let the luggage sit. I cannot relax until ours are emptied and stowed away. Cannot. Smart thinking on leaving a few days of recovery time!

• joey says:

I wasn’t always this way. Years ago, I would have never had company over, and instead would have freaked out about getting things situated before I could allow myself company or outings. I have learned to let go. I’m proud of it 😀

PS: I’m not saying you’re neurotic or that you need therapy, but I did. lol

2. Sounds like a great time. Wise to allow a recovery day or two.

Welcome home. Love the cat/luggage picture. Looking forward to reading about your trip. Wish I had more interesting things to say than what I just said. 🙂

Smart thinkin’ on the stay-cation days. I like some re-entry time too. I could let the bags sit, with clothes unlaundered, till the next vacation in another 5 years. But nothing would fit nobody. I hate packing, and I hate unpacking a trillion times more.

Did anyone else have morning sex or just you? Don’t answer that !! 🙈🙊🙉

5. Anxious Mom says:

I’m with you on the luggage. In fact, there is one suitcase in our bedroom that isn’t put away yet. I had all the dirty laundry separated before we left the beach and washed it as soon as we got back, but decided living out of that suitcase is just easier than putting the things away.

• joey says:

Well sure, the clean clothes get put away in a jiffy, but the dirty clothes…uh…
      We got the toiletries out, and the chargers, and the damned goldfish crackers, lol!

6. hollie says:

I’m jealous of your morning sex and vacation eats, but not so much the exhaustion that comes from a vacation. I have never had oysters, because I think the texture would bother me, but I think if I ever found myself at a restaurant that serves them, I’d like to give them a whirl!

• joey says:

I looooove raw oysters. Not so much fried or baked or loaded up Rockafeller style, just raw. With a cold beer. Ya gotta try em.
      The exhaustion is real. We’re about to go to bed and we haven’t been awake but 12 hours, lol! Moo already crashed!

7. Matt Roberts says:

Five years? The last time I had a vacation a hurricane blew through Ohio. It’s kinda like Hell freezing over, ya know?

• joey says:

I do!
      I was so bummed we couldn’t stop to see you.

• Matt Roberts says:

Aww. That would’ve been really cool! But next time. We’re close enough to be neighbors, so I’m not too bummed. We can see each other pretty much any time.

Although your hotel n’ booze vacation sounds like a splendid idea, and we can’t wait to join you for that! 😀

8. reocochran says:

Wow, Joey. Your post was so open and refreshing. Glad you had AM fun! Your own fireworks:) Also, cute pic of Catticus the cat.
    We all postpone vacation laundry, I think. I don’t want to go back to work! !
    Just back from Mom’s. 🙂

9. lbeth1950 says:

Feel like I went, too.

10. We do the stay-cations too, settling in, getting sorted and leaving the suitcases, so familiar…no hurry. Love the post.

11. April says:

Beating the anxiety is a major plus. Welcome back!

12. Benson says:

That’s great. Glad you had a grand vacation. I vaguely recall the fatigue following a vacation. You were wise to schedule a couple of days to rest before hitting the routine. Looking forward to tales of your exploits. Welcome back

13. It looks like you had a lovely time!
    There have been times that I rushed home to do the laundry after staying at a seedy motel but most of the time I wait to tackle “vacation clothes.”

Welcome back. I travel a bunch for business and, since I don’t do the laundry, I empty the suitcase into the hamper on arrival. Looking forward to catching up and glad you had a good time.

15. Welcome home! Sounds like a relaxing and fun vacation. I’m getting much better with the whole luggage unpacking thing, too. I used to get so stressed out about getting everything put away and washed as soon as we got home, but I’ve learned to let go like you.

16. ouidepuis1 says:

Morning sex AND coffee. One does not require vacation when those two are in the stars!

17. It sounds as if you had a brilliant holiday, which you thoroughly deserved after all that time without one, and giving yourself three days to recover is good planning indeed. I look forward to the travel Blogs

So glad you had a wonderful vacation, Joey! Catticus on your luggage = priceless. 🙂

19. markbialczak says:

I am really looking forward to reading about this Finally Vacation, little by little, Joey. Cattacus looks like he wants some oysters as make-up treats. 🙂

20. I am so pleased that you had a wonderful time, and I am looking forward to hearing about it. I know you suffered with the heat, and it sounds like you a bit drained today too (mind you, at least you got to have a bit of fun first)! Lovely to have you back Joey 🙂