The Rejection of Jolene Mottern

I didn’t find out my blog is offensive and tasteless until Sassy got her school-prescribed laptop and informed me my site is blocked.
Of course I don’t think I’m tasteless and offensive; I think I’m perfectly fucking delightful.
I don’t even swear a lot if you compare me to my husband.
I have a post about vagina AND pussy, but neither one is remotely mature.
I sometimes discuss the murder of yellow jackets and fire ants, but not in gruesome detail.
I marked my blog as PG13, and I think that’s more than generous, considering the vulgarity my children come home from school and ask me about.
I’ve decided it’s flattering to be labeled as offensive. Everyone knows all the best books were banned and burned. Everybody knows the most well-read people read the most controversial books.
Check out what La Sabrosona had to say about it —

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to The Rejection of Jolene Mottern

1. jan says:

I don’t find your posts at all offensive. I find you fucking delightful! Happy Holidays to you and your family.

2. Kubrick was right: It’s a mad, mad, mad world.

Can I add this blog to the list of banned books I’ve read? Now when someone asks me “what kind of blogs do you read?” I’ll say “tasteless and offensive ones.” I don’t recall reading any words in your posts that I hadn’t hear by the time I was in elementary school but you use them with greater precision.

4. Deborah says:

If you are offensive and tasteless, who stands a chance? 😉

5. Benson says:

Some people really need to get a fucking life.

6. You rock! You have accomplished something many of us can only dream about.

7. Anxious Mom says:

Thank goodness you won’t be polluting the children with your filth! Too bad there isn’t a list of other blogs also deemed tasteless and offensive so I’d have more good reading!

• joey says:

Right? I actually had Sassy check some other WP blogs, but they were all fine. Meanwhile, I was like, WTF? These people are farrrr more offensive! I should know, because I read them 😉
      Anyway, don’t put much faith in those protection programs that weed out the naughties! 😛

8. Anxious Mom says:

If it makes you feel better, my friend that used to blog on religion (nothing anti-Christian, since she’s one, just on not liking how many tend to ignore JC) was blocked by Chick-Fil-A when I tried to read her on their wifi. No one else, just her. 👍🏻

9. Judy Martin says:

I love your outspoken posts. You talk about life as it is with humour and passion. So what if you chuck in a few swear words to mix it up a bit. If you are offensive, then I hope I am too!!!! 😊

10. rachelwhims says:

So how does one get this title? I mean, was there a petition being sent around or was it one stuck-up asshole who doesn’t like the word asshole so he complained until some other assholes did this? Either way, congrats on your new title. I feel a little cooler now following your blog. 🙂

11. Norm 2.0 says:

I knew there was a reason why you and I get along so fucking well 😉

12. garym6059 says:

Everybody is too damn sensitive! I would say wear it as a badge of honor, consider yourself the Andrew Dice Clay of the blogging world…..only about 1000 times funnier!

13. idaswears says:

What the world needs is more swearing and fewer censors.

14. Susanne says:

Congratulations! Your stock just went WAAAAAY up!

15. Don’t these people realize how bad it can be when yellow jackets invade a car? How else can a modern day woman describe the event? When I’m reading one of your posts and want to share part of it with my husband, I always transition with ‘you know the fucking yellow jackets’ and go from there. LMAO As everyone knows, grade schoolers hear that word at home and use it as a noun, verb, and adjective so this is just another case of big brother trying to protect us from ourselves I guess. He’s failing miserably by the way. You go girl! 🙂

16. This is how they make an anarchist out of one. Don’t give in! (Or is it up?) Or do. Or your children will pick up your fight. I bet they know already what a cool mom they have, and now ALL the school will.

17. Outlier Babe says:

I don’t think tasteless and offensive are synonymous. For which were you blocked? Offensive–well, people’s have the capacity to take offense at anything they wish–but tasteless? Who determines that? I think you should find out, and then ask to see their home decor. I’m willing to bet you’ll find some truly tacky shite goin’ on there–probably involving lots and lots of dolls that look like babies, bought on Ebay.

• joey says:

Heh. It’s non-specific about whether I’m tasteless or offensive. Sassy’s protected laptop says somethin like, “Tsk tsk tsk, don’t be naughty” or somethin. Not hard to believe when Fuck is in the title or I drop 50 of them in a post, but a little hard to take on days I write about squirrels leaping in the pines…
      I get so offended when people are offended, for about 3 seconds. Then I think ‘Ah, Fuck Off!’ and go on with my life.

18. Pingback: It’s Mimosa Day, Bitches! | joeyfullystated

19. reocochran says:

I either missed this or accidentally deleted it but now I have to comment, Joey.
    With all the wild, violent and offensive video games that kids are exposed to, your blog is tame, life lessons with a few words that may not be considered PG but pass in most people’s reading. Thanks for making my night, Sunday 1/17/16. xo