One-Liner Wednesday — Savage Sausage

Walking into the mall with Bubba, he says, “Every time I see a sign for that cologne with Johnny Depp, I misread it.”
“What is it?”
“S-A-U-V-A-G-E.”
“Sauvage.”
“Yeah.”
“What do you misread it as?”
“Sausage.”

(Now you must all pronounce sausage Frenchly.)

One-Liner Wednesday is brought to you by LindaGHill

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to One-Liner Wednesday — Savage Sausage

1. JoAnna says:

You can imagine where the vegetarian in me wants to go with this.

2. Benson says:

That seems appropriate. Why do celebrities want a scent named after them? They probably don’t even wear it themselves. Depp looks like an Aqua Velva kinda guy.

3. April says:

Hi again! Sausage, too funny!

4. Ally Bean says:

I can barely pronounce English words correctly, and now you want me to speak Frenchly? If only I could.

5. John Holton says:

I can barely speak proper English (I use the variant endemic to the south side of Chicago), so French is way out there for me….

Maybe Depp should do some Jimmy Dean ads next!

I think there’s a bigger market for sausage. I’d certainly rather sniff out a place selling saudsage grinders than a guy wearing cologne.

8. JT Twissel says:

Lol. I bet Depp does smell like sausage.

9. pluviolover says:

Ok, so now they sell cologne for men that smells like sausage. I presume it is not Italian and is rather lean. This is funny.

10. Huh, I would have thought he smelled of rum.

11. J-Dub says:

Classic! Such a bright kiddo you got there πŸ™‚

12. bikerchick57 says:

I’m hungry for des Ε“ufs and saucisse. I’ll pass on the cologne. πŸ™‚

13. loisajay says:

Johnny used to be my guy. Then he got weird. Weirder.

14. I also see “sausage” in those ads after a cursory glance.

15. prior.. says:

sausage it is – hahhah

and we were just talking about the way the mind makes connections and how compnay names, blog names, and other things should consider how it “looks” at a glance.
    Like I had this site (way back in like 2005 or 06) as:
    ten thousand charms….
    silly – but I loved this song that had that line…
    well everyone called it
    tent house charms

and it led to this:

“Hey Tent House”

16. Frenchly, I always find funny these French names for perfumes and other ‘sophisticated’ products.
    But I want you to know that I have a hard time to say a few American words. Hamburger being only one of them. Frenchly!

• joey says:

That makes me think of The Pink Panther. Have you seen the newer movie? Steve Martin trying to say hamburger for about five minutes is one of the best parts πŸ™‚

• YES! This is how my kids started to quiz me! I had to repeat β€˜hamburger,’ until they were pleased with my pronunciation. Which of course never quite happened. Now it became a family joke. πŸ˜ƒ

17. bitchen2rant says:

this is a cool one too, i like the pictures you use, your a good little writer , 🐞

18. Anxious Mom says:

I saw that cologne advertised the other day. About walked into the cosmetics counter while ogling the ad thingy. Didn’t pick up on the name, though πŸ˜‰

19. Amy says:

I can easily see how your eye could change that letter. Not sure sausage cologne would be appealing though. lol.