Lady and The WHAT.IS.THAT?

I’m one of those people who thinks loving relationships are hard enough to find, without discriminating based on gender, age, color, religion, etc etc etc.
But maybe something as shallow as how we present ourselves should be a factor when we pair up.

I’ve seen a lot of date photos for the last several days. They went to dinners, clubs, shows, theaters, and Sweetheart dances, so the pictures are all over social media.

I keep noticing women decked-out in gorgeous dresses, their faces beautifully made-up, hair picture perfect, shoes impeccable — so foxy lady.

to the nines

to the nines

And then there’s the fella, lookin all slovenly. He grudgingly left the sofa, threw on some clothes, slipped on his shoes, slapped on some cologne and went to pick up his foxy lady.

what? i'm wearin a tie!

what? i’m wearin a tie!

I sneer.

It’s like this, but not as cute.

Make an effort, Fellas. Some suggestions? A shower, an iron, a trimmer, a jacket, a haircut, a shoe shine: One or all might have been time better spent than that trip to the florist.

This entry was posted in Random Musings and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Lady and The WHAT.IS.THAT?

1. ashleyomelia says:

I guess this means I really am lucky to have a guy that doesn’t mind dressing up!

2. I have to admit, we’re going out I make an effort to look nice. Even jeans and a nice shirt will go a long way, and I expect the same effort from Mike. 🙂

Maybe he’ll be the next Bachelor…

When Hub and I “go out”–which is so rare–I dress it up a little because I want to feel dressed up…since it IS so rare. But truthfully, it doesn’t disturb me that Hub wears the same clothes he wears to work (business casual) when I dress up. I know how much he dislikes dressing up, so it’s no big deal to me. On the other hand, he DOES shower and shave and look presentable. Just happens to be business casual presentable. 🙂 Of course, I love it when we’re out and people are looking at us and thinking “how did that bum of a guy get such a hot chick?” because hey, they think I’m HOT. LMAO

5. Aussa Lorens says:

So funny. I don’t think my poor boyfriend has bought a new article of clothing since 2002. I need to help him. I’m always way more “decked out” than him when we go out but I don’t mind, so long as he isn’t wearing his Bugle Boy shirt from circa 1994 with the white strips at the elbows.

6. Kat's Den says:

It was always my husband who complained about how I dressed when we went out. LOL

My husband calls it his “big boy clothes’ when he has to change out of paint stained, coffee dribbled pants and t-shirt to a decent shirt and pair of pants to go out to lunch…Have you heard the phrase redressing? My dope thinks that it’s a sin of major proportion to have to change clothes….sigh….this probably reinforces my belief that far too many women are mothers who shouln’t be…why do I have to teach a grown man how to dress?

8. Men and not buying new underwear until they are falling apart. Why is it a thing?

9. Lol…….is it sad that with me and mine, I am usually the one wearing the casual clothes, while he dresses all up??? Don’t get me wrong, I at least put on lip gloss….

10. Matt Roberts says:

When my Senior prom came around I took my girlfriend at the time, who was someone I was always nervous around because I thought she was so much better than me and I didn’t deserve her. And her parents hated me because she deserved better than me. I spent the hours leading up to picking her up so concerned with how I looked and smelled and if I had shaved perfectly and this and that… and I get to her house and her dad looks at my car and says, “You didn’t wash your car?” And I felt so small.

• AW! That’s sad! I can imagine how you felt small about that! I think we all want to feel like someone took the effort to match our expectations, but then I wonder why we even have expectations. I am definitely sick of seein sloppy ass men and foxy women. Can’t.even.help.myself.
      Did your girlfriend care about the car bein washed? Cause you know, you weren’t dating her dad 😉

• Matt Roberts says:

Well, considering the family and how she was a parents girl, I was dating them all. She didn’t care about the car though. There’s a TBT picture I should share sometime. Oh, and with the couples, I’ve about had it with commercials showing goofy idiot guys married to the smart beautiful women. That’s my issue, cause I’m like, how did that woman end up with that guy? He’s either rich or hung well. Cause it sure wasn’t for the intellect.

• Agreed. Drew wrote a brilliant essay on the absurdity of men on television. I asked her to let me post it — she might one day dig it up for me.

• Matt Roberts says:

Oh sure, and TV husbands too. Drives me insane. Rules Of Engagement, Patrick Warburton was always trying to find ways to NOT be with his wife, Megyn Price. I’m still currently trying to find ways to end up with her.