One-Liner Wednesday — Sunscreen

images

A tan fella pointed to The Mister’s legs and told me, “You need to take him outside.”

I said, “Dude, no. We’re white people. We’re supposed to be this color.”

weds

One-Liner Wednesday is brought to you by LindaGHill

This entry was posted in Random Musings and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to One-Liner Wednesday — Sunscreen

1. Benson says:

True and you won’t have to worry about looking like a alligator as you age.

2. orbthefirst says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3. bikerchick57 says:

Ha! Nice retort! I’m one of those tan people, even have some color in winter. My really white friends hate that.

4. Frank Hubeny says:

That was also a nice look on her face.

Bwahahaha. Needed that. Thanks. 🙂

6. Pale pink person here. Wear lots of sunscreen (my youngest keeps reminding me it isn’t ‘suntan cream’ any more) to avoid becoming bright red person. A tan should be gained slowly, outdoors. I think you want to do it such as to avoid tan lines (farmer’s suntan), but I think society disapproves.

7. Too funny. I’m one of those long sleeve guys in the summer myself.

8. White girl who freckles and sunburns. I’m tired of the tan-less shaming. Good for you with this line ! I was really brown once. Took a summer off in Utah, was out every day, no rain/clouds there much. I gave up suntan lotion as I darkened, started using Crisco. I was “cooking”. I prayed for rain. I also developed skin lesions that were pre-cancerous. Lesson learned.

• joey says:

Yikes! That’s one of those things we find out too late. I’ve ‘got color’ right now because I’ve been outdoors a lot, WITH SUNSCREEN, but this shade I am now, only on my forearms, really, is enough that no one comments on my whiteness. Well, and the rosacea… My legs are as white as his.

Are your choices White or Red?

10. ROFL!!! I would have recommended sunglasses to that person to help with the glare. 🙂 I have the same problem being blinding white myself. 🙂 I do use fake tan which does help…a tiny bit.

My Mom, He-Man, and Baby Girl have more Olive complexions and get gorgeous bronze tans, and look lightly tanned all year otherwise. I won’t lie I’m a bit envious of them for that.

11. HAHA! Me and Grump have lily white legs too, but tanned arms!

12. Erika says:

That meme! I watched Mean Girls on Netflix again a couple nights ago, and I’m always near pissing my pants laughing during that scene.

I feel y’all’s pain. I even wore shorts this summer, and despite many burns, my legs are still blindingly white. Guess that’s our lot in life.

13. Having a tan is way overrated. Lovely, alabaster skin is much more attractive….and less leathery. 😉

14. loisajay says:

White white skin is good skin. You never fail to bring a smile, Joey!

15. Joanne Sisco says:

omg Joey – I LOVE that response!! I just may have to borrow it some day! 😀

16. That’s a great line! As much as I love a little color, I’ve probably already done enough damage growing up in the Florida sun. Plus, my dad has had multiple cancerous spots (and not pre-cancers) removed from his face and I’m hoping that I don’t have the same fate.

• joey says:

I hope so too, Amy. I’ve got friends my age who’ve already lost chunks of skin to cancer and pre-cancerous spots. Lots of friends, most of whom are not even southerners. I’m glad you liked my line, I mean it, too!

17. JoAnna says:

In my late teens and twenties, probably even in my 30s, I was embarrassed by my white, freckly skin, so I’d go out and get a burn so it would turn into a tan. I don’t think I’ve ever just tanned without burning first. It’s so nice not to care anymore. I don’t even shave my legs regularly. I like your response. I’ve also been working telling myself, “This is how God made me,” which works for self criticisms about body shape, etc.

18. pluviolover says:

On elevator with me all bandaged up after surgery for skin cancer (minor). Black couple with young son get on and the youngster stares are me cuz of bandages on my face. Wife notices him and advises, “Wear sunscreen.” The four adults had a good laugh.

19. Laura says:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Tell me about it:

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s