JusJoJan — 5

jjj-2018

JOT!

Y’all, when I opened this laptop this morning, all my tabs were still open, including my editor post from yesterday.

Today, I didn’t want to get up but I also didn’t wanna be cold in my bed anymore either.
I didn’t know what I wanted to wear.
Lie. I wanted to wear fleece from my head to my tennishoed toes, but I don’t actually wanna look like that at work.
I didn’t know what I wanted to do with my hair, and at first I thought I’d let it tell me, but um, no.

There was one decision I’d already made: I wanted peanut butter and jelly sammich and Doritos for lunch, so I packed it. If only I had a place to spend my milk money!

IMG_5061

mature berry snack. childlike lunch.

Happy Friday Everyone!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to JusJoJan — 5

1. loisajay says:

Happy Friday, Joey!

I did wear fleece today, but only on top. And, the only thing my hair tells me is goodbye

3. Benson says:

Well a PB&J sounds great but I have a hankering for pancakes so that is what I am fixing. Happy Friday to you too.

4. Ritu says:

Ha! Sometimes nothing beats a kiddie lunch! Love a jam sammich Sometimes!

5. Sometimes you just want a PBJ.

6. eschudel says:

Happy Friday to you too!!

7. pluviolover says:

The weather is supposed to come to its senses here today. Happy Friday back atcha y’all.

8. scr4pl80 says:

I love PB&J sandwiches too but since I’m trying to be mindful of what I’m eating I’ve started using powdered peanut butter. It has way less calories and I think it takes quite like the real deal. Have you tried it? My husband will only eat Jif.

9. ghostmmnc says:

Happy Friday! They should make it a fleece Friday at your work, especially when it is so cold. πŸ™‚

10. cindy knoke says:

Laughing….Happy Friday!

11. What kinda jelly? I’m a jam gal. Apricot, and Strawberry are my favs. In my sophomore year of High School we had fresh garlic bread slices oozing with melted butter which I bought on my one day a week Hot Lunch then I spent the rest of my money at the vending machine for Doritos. I can’t eat like anymore, but sometimes I crave that old high school hot lunch…such as it was. πŸ™‚

• joey says:

Apricot jam is my fave for toast, second maybe marmalade. But for pbj, it’s Bon Maman strawberry preserves πŸ˜›
      I ate hot lunch when they had things I liked, and then salads in a box on the days they didn’t. I don’t think hot lunches at my school are as I remember. My kids tell me there’s no yummy tetrazzini or tenderloin sandwiches and there aren’t even rectangle pizza slices anymore. I’m glad I went when I did!

• Apricot jam on toast, as well as warmed English Muffins, and on warm brie…I must stop I’ll get a case of the munchies if not. πŸ™‚ It’s a red wine night which always gives me the munchies. 😦

I’m glad the hot lunches were good when I was a girl too. They used to really cook the food when I was in elementary school.
        When I volunteered as a student helper I got help cook, and serve. It was there I learned that cooking is fun.

It won’t be long before I’m volunteering at a school again, and I don’t have high hopes for the hot lunches today. 😦

• joey says:

Ooh, apricot jam with brie… I wonder why I never thought of that! I almost always eat brie with pears, but I have apricot jam in the house more often! I will definitely try it.
          On behalf of all the hot lunch deprived children, I say bring back the real lunch ladies! πŸ™‚
          Take you some pbj when you go back? πŸ˜‰

12. Susanne says:

I had an indecisive start to the day, too. Changed a couple of times and then ultimately let the weather tell me what to do and listen for a change. -30 with the wind chill today. Definitely a down vest and a turtleneck kind of day.

13. PB & J makes perfect sense…comfort food. Stay warm and dry.

14. Pistachios says:

I’ve been having PB&J all week! Just as snacks though. Need more food for lunch πŸ˜€

15. darsword says:

Hope you made it to work in one piece and found warmth. That sammach sounds yummy. Must wait until tomorrow. Out of Peanut Butter.

16. Phil Taylor says:

I don’t think that’s a child lunch! I’d love that!

17. marianallen says:

PBJ has to be grape jelly. That’s the rule. I mean, you can HAVE other jellys/jams/preserves, but the Midwest Regional Constitution clearly states that the J in PBJ is grape jelly. That said, I absolutely LURVE peanut butter and marmalade. And, speaking of apricot preserves and Brie, a local sammich stop no longer serving turned me on to apricot preserves and extra-sharp cheddar cheese toasted in a panini roll. OMG

18. I like kiddie party food, like jelly and ice cream and egg sandwiches! I love peanut butter too, but on its own in a sandwich, or better still, on toast! πŸ™‚

19. prior.. says:

“fleece from my head to my tennishoed toes…”
    ha
    and this cold is making everyone think and rethink….

20. Amy says:

I do love a good PB&J. My great-aunt would sometimes send us raspberry preserves from a place she would visit and it was so tasty!

21. Anxious Mom says:

You and LM could be lunch buddies πŸ˜€

Tell me about it:

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w