Laura at MindSync nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! Thanks, Laura! It’s especially nice to have a total stranger nominate your blog, isn’t it? *just delighted*
I suppose the drawback to being a versatile blogger is that I don’t have a niche carved out in the blogosphere..
Here are my 15 nominations for the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Kat’s Den
9. Masala Chica
11. Becoming Cliche
13. Wilson K.
NOTE: If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award, no need to wait for a winner to be announced. The rules for the acceptance of this award can be found at this link:
Sadly, several of my favorite bloggers maintain private sites, and a few public bloggers I love don’t want any awards. But these are all versatile people I love to read, and you might as well.
As part of my acceptance of the award, I am to tell Laura, and y’all, seven new things about me. This will take longer than creating all those bleedin hyperlinks up there…
1. I don’t listen to top 40 anymore. I always wondered how others became those people. I am now those people. I browse the itunes and if I love it, I buy it. As time goes on, I buy less and less.
2. I have a flub, mother’s apron, distended/fat/is-she-pregnant stomach — whatever you wanna call it, from having two c-sections in two years. I do not have a personal trainer, chef, or stylist. I have Spanx. My kids think I’m “comfy” and “squishy.” That makes me smile.
3. I am Plain Jane when it comes to style. I wear very few prints, carry only neutral handbags, and often ask, “Does it come in white?”
4. I’m not competitive, except at word games. I have been known to shout, “Booyah, Motherfucker! Kudzu for 86 points!”
5. I am technologically impaired. I am proud to say that I have come a long way since my eight-year-old son had to show me how to turn on the cell phone. (He’s twenty now.)
6. I have bad arthritic hands. They’re pretty useless for untying knots, dressing dolls, or opening lids…I’m pretty sure one day I will try to open a jar of pickles and my wrist will just snap.
7. I took anti-depressants for three days: I have never been so depressed in my life. While they improve the quality of life for millions of people, they took me into the darkest realms of melancholy and apathy.
I hope you will accept your nominations, and I hope you’ll find new bloggers to add to your network.
For me, I hope I can avoid hyperlinks for awhile. *whews*