A Tiny Tale of Tuesday

The Mister is cooking dinner, which gives me time to blog without ‘missing’ anything. Well, he’s frying bacon and his eggs, cause that is so time-consuming, while cooking scrambled eggs and toast takes all of five whoppin minutes.

I don’t have much in the way of FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) but I don’t like to miss out on my people. My friend Lola always laughs when anyone uses the phrase “my people,” but it’s like, the best phrase. Everyone has “their peoples” hm?
Introvert me, I’m very supportive of everyone else’s FOMO. yeah, you should totally go do that, but i can’t, i have to stay home and catch up on blogland.

Sassy is watching some supernatural show. I can’t keep them straight. They all watch them. Different ones. Young pretty people in nearly constant crises because leprechauns are preying on dogs so the werewolves are uniting to usurp the banshee queen who is bringing demons up from the underworld before the unicorn loses its virginity at midnight on the annual vampire’s ball and the amulet/sword/chalice is lost to humankind forever. I made up those plot lines, but trust me, I am not exaggerating. If I look up, out of context, they look ridiculous. They’re always fighting, fucking, or dramatically pausing. High drama. So addictive.

game-of-thrones_meme_02

Clearly, I don’t judge them. I, too, enjoy make-believe and their shows give me time to read and write here without actually experiencing FOMO.

Moo is performing. Her concert, she said, “Is lame. Don’t come.” One of the songs, we saw at competition, is the same word over and over ad nauseam and just when you think it’s ending, it starts again, and then again, and then when you’ve given up thinking it will end, one more time. It’s lovely musically, for about 20 measures, then you start mentally making your grocery list. If you want to listen to something while you watch paint dry, I’d recommend it with four stars.

The weather, while nice today, has generally been shit. Like overall, groan-worthy.

In contrast to that, work has generally been good. Like overall, pleasantly productive. All last week was good, too. Within the next month, four of us will take vacation, overlapping here and there. I do not know what that will be like, but I am hopeful since things are feeling more efficient than they were a month ago. Also, if we don’t vacation, we may spontaneously combust or suffer a mental break and start watering the mail and answering the plants, mk?

Oh look, dinner!

IMG_1933

Off I go. — I’ll eat while I try to catch up, but I can’t type AND eat, not with these hands.

This entry was posted in Random Musings and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to A Tiny Tale of Tuesday

1. eschudel says:

Dinner looks yummy!!

2. I’d eat that dinner! 🙂 As I was reading this, my husband stood behind me looking at what I was reading, which I hate, and said “Are you reading about ‘Game of Thrones’?” “No”, I said. “But that’s (photo) is “Game of Thrones”, he said. “But this about a family,” I responded. 🙂 I tried to watch one episode of the aforementioned show and there was much too much nudity/sex/violence/incest for me. Give me an old-fashioned murder mystery!! 🙂

At any rate, as was once famously said, “Tomorrow IS another day.” May that day be a wonderful one for you, Joey.

janet

3. loisajay says:

If I watch any TV at all, I tend to watch cooking shows on PBS, or Eric Gorges. Although I call him Gorgeous Eric. I’d cook for him.

4. Prior... says:

My kind of dinner – and thanks for making time for your blog peeps-
    I snuck in some blog visiting time this morning and it was a treat. My to do list only had a couple things scratched off – but it was the right call.
    Laughing at the way you described the shows content/plots – hahah

5. Bill says:

I proudly consider myself one of the Joey people.
    I do watch some TV and, in my opinion, those folks would up their writing game with Joey on their team.

6. JT Twissel says:

While you’re watering the mail, make sure to also fertilize! Happy bacon and eggs!

7. darsword says:

Enjoy the food. Thanks for catching us up on the Tuesday! 🙂

8. Benson says:

Eat girl. Writing can wait but Bacon shouldn’t have to. I love bacon and eggs. I have cut down my consumption because I probably should. I am at that age where I feel as though I should balance my bad habits. I just realized that I have not experienced FOMO in a long time. Is it a thing of age or energy? I think I know what shows you are talking about. I have never seen any of them but they seem to be every where and I can not begin to understand them. Glad your work is good and I am glad you are approaching vacation. Have fun and enjoy.

9. Of all of the possible wonderful tidbits to comment on, I’ve latched on the paint drying song. It reminds me of Gavin Bryars’ ditty: Jesus’ Blood Never Failed Me Yet. Bryars’ “took a rejected fragment of audio from a film project about people living rough in London and turns it into a work of metaphysical yearning.”
    You can hear the opening theme here https://youtu.be/quJjqZprGu0
    And now, I bid you good morning!

10. Supernatural shows? Meh. Give me normal dragons and armies of the dead any day. ( I admit to being surprised at all the hatred for Dany right now. Geesh. She’s been saying she was going to burn it to the ground since season 1. Was no one paying attention?). Weather here has been horrid. Cool and wet. Northern and western had snow yesterday FFS!

11. Hubby cooking dinner – now, that is a good thing. Mine made dinner last night as well. And, I did smile at his fried eggs and your scrambled because that’s the same choice here. 🙂 Vacation is always a good thing – gives the mind and the soul a break. Hope everyone has a great one.

12. ghostmmnc says:

Breakfast foods for dinner is always good. Glad you’ve had a good week. 🙂

13. Joanne Sisco says:

Any movie, TV show, or book that relies heavily on endless fighting scenes makes my eyes glaze over and I’m moving on. Obviously I’m neither a GOT or LOTRs fan. I did laugh at your ‘dramatic pause’ comment. Sooo true!!

14. Breakfast for dinner is always a favorite. Love the way you describe those television shows, but only because it’s true. There is money in them, so maybe I ought to write more like that.

“if we don’t vacation, we may spontaneously combust” – I know that feeling. I hope the overlapping ones have you on the overlap and not holding the bag at the office. I’m glad Tuesday was good. Maybe its learned not to mess with Joey. I hope the rest of the week falls in line, too.

16. Maggie says:

Great post. I am an “all things time travel” fantasy (or is it?) addict. And I love me some breakfast for dinner. Glad you have vacation on the horizon. Enjoy it!

17. Tara says:

Mmmm. Dinner looks tasty. Hope you enjoyed. Oh the drama of the shows, eh? I don’t want these types, but I did back in the day (90210 and Melrose Place, of course). Now, I’m all about the laughing. I’m on season 4 streaming of Veep. Ridiculous! Satirical! Just my cup o’ tea.

How many days until the vacation? That’s what I’d be on — making a calendar for THE BIG COUNTDOWN! 🙂

18. Ally Bean says:

I’ve never seen or read any of GoT and will be soooo happy when it’s all over. I’m tired of hearing about it. On the flip side I’ll never tire of hearing about yummy meals or family vacations. I hear you’ll be going on one soon. Details to come?

Enjoyed this tiny tale, Joey! I always enjoy hearing anything from you. Thanks for sharing. Nice of the Mister to make din din. OMG Game of Thrones! I’m seriously dying…

20. scr4pl80 says:

I haven’t watched any of those supernatural shows although I did watch the Twilight series. We have breakfast for dinner on occasion. Hubby cooking it = bonus. Looks yummy.

21. AmyRose🌹 says:

The way you write is a style unique only to you, Joey. I LOVE reading what you write. I never know what I am in for when I mosey on over here. So totally enjoyed this post as the world around me faded when I entered your world. Sun is shining today …. hope it is your way too! What a shitty Spring thus far …. I was going to write that on my blog but then I said no and so politely wrote words describing a shitty Spring. LOL 😘😘😘

22. Norm 2.0 says:

Yeah those supernatural shows can’t get my attention either. Thanks for the chuckle with your made-up but not inaccurate plot lines. Of course we also can’t forget those evil satanic shape-shifting midgets.
    Even with this overall crappy spring, hurray for vacay. Have you started counting the sleeps yet?
    Hope you guys can unwind and have a blast.

23. Luanne says:

That song sounds sickening to me. My most hated is Bobby Bobby Bobby from the musical Company. A Sondheim disaster.

24. JoAnna says:

I don’t watch Game of Thrones, but I listened to an interview on NPR with Emilia Clarke, the woman who plays Daenerys. She talked about overcoming health challenges like an aneurysm . It was interesting. So I like to read about the show and watch clips on YouTube. That way I won’t get addicted. Unless my daughter makes me watch it.

25. Dinner looks great.
    I am not fond of those songs that never appear to end.

26. markbialczak says:

Good to see you back, Joey. Yummy on that dinner.

27. bikerchick57 says:

Sorry for being late, Joey, but you understand the FOMO. I’ve also been struggling with that and work and spring cleaning and church stuff and whatever, which does not make for consistent blogging these days.

Vacation sounds like an extremely good plan for relaxation and not missing out on anything. I hope wherever you and your people go, it’s a good one.

PS: Does the Mister ever deliver breakfast to Wisconsin? That looks so yummy!

Tell me about it:

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s