Mama Said

I had a bad day.
I don’t normally blog about my bad days, because well, I assume you have your own…and I like to stay positive.
But everyone has their limits.
My limits may be compressed depending on the level of hormones surging through my body…

These are petty problems.
Once, in the same stormy day, our basement flooded and the basketball goal fell into our windshield.
This was not that kind of day.
It only felt like it.

hiding

I tried to work today.
The work about did me in.
Things didn’t work right.
I didn’t work right.
I failed.
I reached out for help.
No one answered.
I attempted again, but even worse than my failure, technological failure struck.
I was ready to drink at one o’clock in the afternoon.

I own Microsoft Office, but Microsoft Office doesn’t think I do.
I entered my product key.
It pretended to do things.
It did not work.
I did it again.
It did not work again.

I called True to vent.
While talking to her, I tried to turn my candle warmer on, but the bulb blew.

ball_jar

No fresh pears in my living room.

Just leaves. Leaves all up in my house.

The Mister threatened to offered to help by touching my computer.
I almost cried.
We agreed we will upload the disc another day.
(On a day that I am more stable.)

That’s it.Β
I didn’t like it.

The Mister vacuumed the leaves.
Then he brought home pizza and a fountain soda.

And now my fountain soda is all gone.

coke_gone

I am sad.

You may not cry me a river.
You may not play a tiny violin.
You may nod and agree, “Mama said there’d be days like this…”
Even you may sing it if you like.
Because singing is good.

Β

This entry was posted in Personally and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Mama Said

1. gothhicgoddess says:

I’m sorry darlin. I send you hugs.

2. wvtallchic says:

awe… I hate those days. Chin up, Dear. You will survive (and you’ll feel good singing it, too.)

Sorry you had a bad day, Joey. 😦 Sounds like you were feeling a bit like Alexander ~ http://ramblingsfromjewels.wordpress.com/2013/07/16/feeling-a-bit-like-alexander/ Hope today is better. Hugs.x

4. Posting when you’re in a pisser mood is fun! BTW, you shouldn’t smoke, but your cleavage looks amazing!

• Haha! Thanks! I guess you didn’t notice my sudden weight loss and cup size reduction, let alone that I’d cut all my hair off and dyed it black.
      You know, I feel better already! πŸ˜›

These days come to us all, unfortunately. My hope is that tomorrow (today) is a better one.

Personally, I think the laws of the universe blink every now and then, and then I can’t do the most obvious things without major effort and everything goes wrong…such as I broke my favorite coffee cup the other day, and the bottom had honey and it was awful trying to get honey off the floor, and then I got one pant leg stuck in the other pant leg, (neither of my legs were involved thank god), and then well, I don’t want to make you feel worse, so I won’t go on. The universe then arighted itself, and things have gone one swimmingly again. So just wait for the big wink and you’ll know its over. Warning: keep head out from under the covers or you might miss it.

7. One time when I was working, my colleague and friend was also having “the bad day.” In the office – she grabbed a huge handful of pencils and hurled them at a wall. πŸ™‚ I think she felt better and of course I laughed. The key – how do you relieve the stress eh? πŸ˜‰

8. lisajsmi says:

Hugs your way…I totally get those days. Mine was Thursday…all day! I am surprised “the mister” didn’t throw me into the leaves and bolt the door behind him. I hope today is better. I love the way you write!

9. Matt Roberts says:

You know, those days when all of the little things touch just the right nerve and everything goes to hell… those days are important too. Just because your house didn’t burn down doesn’t mean it wasn’t a bad day. I’ve been having plenty of those lately. And Microsoft, ugh. I tried to register my laptop so that I could use it for more than a trial period. The product key is on a sticker on the bottom of the laptop. I had to try 7 times before it finally took the product key. I typed it in the same way each time. That’s Microsoft for you. Just remember, if they were better they might be Microhard.

10. Thanks, Matt πŸ™‚