All Your Good Juju are Belong to Me

This last week, I’ve been entertaining my nephews. Okay, that’s not really true, because mostly, my nephews entertain my girls, and then no one fights and I win! I love my nephews. They’re probably better than your nephews.

While I type to you, I’m eatin a huge bowl of long grain and wild rice, and in just a little while, I’ll be takin a Halcion and goin to the dentist to have the now-filling-less, now-broken, already root-canaled #15 tooth surgically extracted. You are all cheering me on, despite what I said about your nephews.
I expect to be sedatedΒ and sleeping throughout the evening. I expect to be worthless and pathetic tomorrow. However, I’m hoping I will have the inspiration and the moxie to compose a sentenceΒ for One-Liner Wednesday, and perhaps even the capability to make my own pudding. I dream big, y’all!

Your job, Gentle Reader (despite what I said about your nephews, and your obvious jealousy about how I get to take a Halcion and you don’t) is to wish me well. It would not be terrible if you prayed to your god, or lit candles, or bound the dry socket deity, or sent healing vibes, or had your voodoo princess put a wicked fast healin on me. The moon already wanes in my favor.

f7eecc0b579838c6510e7e1a867a4290

Oooh, maybe I’ll have a cupcake before I brush…

This entry was posted in Personally and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to All Your Good Juju are Belong to Me

1. You, my dear, shall have the speediest, the mostest pain free-est dental experience EVAH! I have spoken!

PS
    Are you certain you didn’t take the Halcion BEFORE you wrote this lovely little fiction? Because, come on. EVERYone knows that my nephew is da bomb! Da Bombest of da bombs.

2. suzjones says:

Oh dentists and extractions…. and root canals. Been there, done that. Just don’t have the t-shirt.
    All will be well (despite what you said about my only nephew) and I will cheer you on from the sidelines. πŸ˜€

Best of juju sent your way for quick procedure and even quicker recovery. I shant say “painless” because I’m doubtful that is even possible, but hopeful for you. That was just weird. Maybe *I* took the Halcion.
    Good luck, Joey. And good thoughts to you.

4. Luckily for you, I haven’t any nephews so, best of luck my friend.

5. meg68 says:

All the good Juju sent your way Joey! Good luck and speed recovering from the extraction. Rest and all will be well. Hugs from down under πŸ™‚

YEEESS to cupcakes. I hope your extraction is painless and smooth. Take it easy. Don’t write too soon. Rest.

Fondly,
    Elizabeth

Have that cupcake. I am jealous of your nephews but I will think good thoughts. Actually, I’m thinking about a cupcake…thanks 😦

8. words4jp says:

I am going to sacrifice a chicken. No, can’t do that, I do not eat meat. I would sacrifice a live chicken any way. I would buy fried chicken. I will sacrifice a few slices of Swiss cheese in your name. Take it easy and get better soon. And please feel free to write some drug induced posts. πŸ™‚ I bet they will have me peeing in my pants laughing!!

9. Claudia says:

Studiously ignoring your slight to my as yet unborn nephews, allows me to wish you the very best recovery from dental maraudings that any woman has yet experienced…..and I may light a candle.(I only have a tealight but it thinks it’s a pillar candle.) Good luck πŸ™‚

10. I’m very happy to wish you well, and you made me smile, which is certainly worth a good wish or three !

I’ve chosen to sit like a slug and play a game of bingo in your honor and for your continuing health. I’m sure this will work as good as about anything…happy high!

12. Meant to send you good thoughts yesterday when you were feeling “worthless and pathetic.” Hope the whole ordeal went better than planned.