One-Liner Wednesday — Growing Up

“What grade are you in now?” the dentist asked me twice a year, every year.
He didn’t even pause when I replied, “Sixteenth.”
“Growing up so fast!” He’d always say.

A year after I’d finished college, when he asked me “What grade are you in now?” I decided to get a new dentist.
After all, I was growing up so fast.

One-Liner Wednesdays and Just Jot It January are brought to you by LindaGHill

This entry was posted in Personally and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to One-Liner Wednesday — Growing Up

Did he give yo a balloon when you were done?

2. HaHA! Hopefully he was concentrating on your teeth at least! 🙂

3. marianallen says:

Sometimes you just gotta find a guy who doesn’t think he’s still working on baby teeth.

4. Funny that you posted this today. Just went for a cleaning today myself with a new dentist. I’ve been lazy for several years since we moved and hadn’t gotten a new one. I’d been with the same dentist since I moved to Cleveland in the late 70’s, one man doing all his own work. My, how things have changed!!

janet

• joey says:

I really loved the dentist I had in Georgia, but he retired. (I’m certain I helped.) Here, I go to Immediadent. They do it all. It’s corporate so it’s cheaper, but it’s corporate so dentists come and go. I’ve had the same one for two years now. I like this dentist, but I don’t love him.

5. bikerchick57 says:

I used to have a doctor that asked me every year, “How many six packs are you up to now?” I wonder what question the dentist asked the adults who were obviously not in school.

6. jan says:

It could have been worse – he could have asked if you’d gotten your boobies yet!

7. rgemom says:

Wow….that’s pretty bad. Hahahaha. New dentist = good idea!

8. Ally Bean says:

I wonder if this dentist could immediately identify you by your dental X-rays, but kind of lacked on the people skills end of things? Some docs are so good with the care part, but the chit-chat part is beyond them.

9. Even at my age, the dentist is my very most unfavorite place to go. Gives me shudders just to think about it, and I have to go in about 4 months. 🙂

10. pluviolover says:

A few years ago I had a dentist who had attended the same university I did. He mad the mistake one day of asking me if I had any complaints. “As a matter of fact, I’m glad you asked….” We had quite a tidy little (and loud) brouhaha right there for all to see and hear. He told me not to come back. Does he not know the rule? “Once ye piss off yer dentist, it’s time fer a new Doctor Moeller, Driller, Puller, or Packer.” He was so indignant, but he did ask.

• joey says:

Mmm, good times. I have never missed my old dentist, and find my new dentists have a lot to say about his ‘craftsmanship’ so I think I made the right call. I’m glad he never asked. Sent me a pen for college graduation, still asked me what grade I was in. Bleh.

Tell me about it:

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s