I stole this from Barb-Weena — she does the fun! It was originally called 33 Questions, but they’re not all numbered and I’m not counting.
1. If you lived in a house made of jello, what flavor would it be? Any particular reason?
Blue, because my husband and I could agree to look at that much blue day in, day out. However, I could not be trusted to live in a jello house, for I would eat it.
2. What is your first reaction when someone knocks on your door?
Who the fuck is that?
3. Does a blue sky or blue ocean make you happier? Why?
Blue oceans. While I enjoy a blue sky now and again, blue skies are not my favorite skies because they frequently suggest that I will sweat, whereas the sea has yet to boil me and even when warm, it is refreshing as well as being soothing to my skin and joints.
4. If you were out enjoying a beautiful day and suddenly it started raining, what would you do?
Smile and continue enjoying a beautiful day — Now without crowds!
5. Whose name makes you smile as soon as you hear it? Care to share why?
Um, I don’t have one? Maybe Cletus, because it’s like saying cheese, sorta smiley while you do the “eeeeee” ing.
6. Dog, cat, fish, or rabbit?
7. What’s your favorite mode of travel?
Pedzing. Ped xing.
8. If you had to stay up all night by yourself in a deserted building, what would you spend the time doing?
Had to? Had to? Am I locked in? Have I no phone? Crying and praying and writing goodbye letters to everyone I love.
9. Running in the rain or running in the gym? (Even if you don’t run! ha!)
Running in the rain.
10. To stand alone on a mountain peak or dance in a crowded club?
Dance in a crowded club. I will assume there’s techno, air-conditioning, and alcohol.
11. Who do you write for?
Me. It’s all about me.
12. Do you judge a book by its cover?
Literally, yes. Figuratively, no.
13. What’s your favorite color? (Specific shade would be awesome…just saying.)
Clear bright white, but it’s not a color, so yellow, like butter yellow.
14. Which animal is smarter: chimpanzees or dolphins?
I have no idea. I haven’t conversed with either.
15. What’s your least favorite part about writing: editing, revising, or proofreading?
Revising. I like to think my vis is perfect the first time around. It is not. I must re.
16. Are there any mythological creatures you believe are real? (Or wish they were?)
I wish they were all real, because life would be so much more interesting.
17. Which ridiculously popular book did you not enjoy?
Usually, if I don’t like it, I don’t keep going — Harry Potter, Anna Karenina — but I read The Goldfinch front to back and I hated the whole thing. Liked the cover, though, tsk.
Do You Prefer / Which Would You Rather questions
Pen or pencil?
Wine or beer?
Can I not get a cocktail? Wine.
Bean bags or straight-back chairs?
A pile of proofreading or a stack of math worksheets?
I would rather do a pile of proofreading than do one math worksheet. No one cares: I must do both.
Monty Python or Three Stooges?
- If you were an animal, which one would you like to be?
Giraffe – Oh I would run and kick things and eat figs and lick all the best people!
- If you could keep only one home appliance, which one would you keep?
Lordamercy! What a nightmare! The washing machine.
- If you were given a racehorse, what would you name it?
- As a child, what job did you want when you grew up? Did it happen?
- What’s your favorite holiday?
Fourth of July
- What book are you reading?
The Devil in White City
- If you could ask your pet 3 questions, what would you ask them?
If? If?!? I ask my pets questions all the time. Mostly, “Who’s a pretty ____?” I have tried to ask deeper, more meaningful questions, but they seem to like “Who’s a pretty ____?”
- What is a funny sounding word?
physiatry — Spellcheck doesn’t even know it, but it’s real.
- If you could live in any TV house, which one would you choose?
Little House on the Prairie — but I’m takin the washing machine
- Do you have a favorite number? What does it mean to you?
Four. I dunno why. Maybe because it’s yellow. Don’t ask, it just is.
- What is the last thing you Googled?
DVM vs VMD
I’m not adding any questions, but play along if you like, and HAVE A HAPPY FRIDAY!