1) Put the award logo on your blog.
2) Answer the questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3) Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
4) Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5) Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
- If there was one moment you could get back—which would it be? Would you do it differently?
I know I should say that I would do something differently. It’s not as though I don’t have so-called regrets, but honestly, I’m not sure I believe regrets are worth regret. You follow? It seems to me, in hindsight, the choices I made, although initially producing unpleasant results, were important things to do. Those are called consequences and they’re crucial to personal growth. In retrospect, maybe I should never have bit my tongue for two years, or built that house on undeveloped land, or trusted that old boyfriend. It took a long time to see the way it all worked out was actually perfect, and they weren’t actually mistakes. Lots of things happen because they’re (often) inevitable or (almost always) better in the long run.
- What is the one thing about yourself you’ve always liked?
I’ve always liked my moxie.
- Advice to your future self
Hmm. I have no idea. My advice to my tomorrow self is to work in the garden in the morning, before it gets hot. Feel free to pass that around, I think it’s solid advice.
- What is one thing you’d like to change about the present?
Oh! Well, I’m almost out of peanut butter, bananas, Coke, and shampoo. I would like all those things to appear as if from nowhere, so that I could avoid the store!
- Favourite quote?
No matter where you go, there you are.
- Piece of advice for young girls everywhere?
Only ONE? Use sunscreen.
- If you could undo one of the most defining moments in human history, which would it be?
No thank you. I would not like the power. Much like the first question, I think it all happens for a reason.
Questions for any willing nominees:
1. What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
2. What motivates you to get out of bed in the morning?
3. What fictional character did you most identify with when you were a child?
Have a lovely…less than an hour left on Sunday…
Have a tolerable Monday. May it be kind to you.