Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
11 Facts About Me:
1. I think of myself as a writer, but more than any other title, I think of myself as a teacher. Teaching is natural to me, and words are my medium.
2. I’m an extremely predictable person, and I find contradictions and inconsistencies in others completely fascinating.
3. I’m an impeccable judge of character. This is often accompanied by the banal feeling of watching a train wreck or a tornado approaching.
4. I value integrity, honesty, and kindness above all.
5. I say and write the things that other people don’t because they’re polite. No one has ever accused me of being polite.
6. I like to go for a ride in the car every bit as much as my dog. Even more if there’ll be some iced coffee.
7. I always say I love you before I get off the phone. Not with customer service, but you know.
8. I’ve inherited a Not-Me ghost from my parents. The Not-Me ghost does strange things like haul my shovel to the patio, leave the 1/4 measuring cup in the cocoa powder, and steal all my pens.
9. I have a favorite child, and that favorite changes every day, moment to moment, on accounta which are acting as though they have some fucking sense in their heads.
10. I like those bright green flowers that look like dandelions or pompoms. The ones that often come in arrangements? Anyone know the name of those? They’re so cheerful!
11. I sit cross-legged, Indian-style, like a pretzel, however you put it, ALL THE TIME. Sitting normally feels unbearable to me. This is awkward when dining out, especially in a skirt.
1. What is the one thing you’ve always wanted to learn? I’ve always wanted to take a pastry class.
2. Have you ever had a diary? Yes, most famously, Angry Journal, circa 2003.
3. Do you like horror or comedy movies? I don’t care for horror at all, I like some comedy, but I prefer dramas.
4. What is the last song you listened to? Sassy and I just sang our hearts out to “Talula” by Tori Amos. We are proudly weird.
5. Which is the one place you’d like to travel to? That question is too hard. Right now, here is very pretty, and I would not like to be anywhere else. After a few days in the 80’s, I might prefer Nova Scotia, Norway, Isle of Man, the arctic circle…
6. Why do you like to blog and what do you love the most to write about? I dunno. It serves me well. I gotta write. I like to write about whatever strikes my fancy. Maybe that’s the great thing about blogging, you can write about whatever, whenever.
7. Who is your inspiration? For what? For who I am? An imaginary woman who is the culmination of all the best of all the women I’ve ever valued?
8. If you had to choose between money or love, what would you? Love. Always love. I’ve chosen love over money a few times in my life. Money is always in flux. Love is constant.
9. What is the one thing you cannot live without? I always laugh at this question. Air? Water? My brain? Gah, I dunno. I really like beverages, the internet, lip gloss, Flonase, fruit…
10. What is the one thing you have to have in your purse? I have a key fob that stores all my identification and my money cards. It is my thing. It’s the perfect thing, unless you lose it, which I have not, because I am obsessive compulsive about it. *knocks wood* (and maybe superstitious)
11. What was the first thing that came up in your mind when you saw you were nominated here? Oh goody. I cannot wait for all the hyperlinks.
But first, a short rant about award nominations. Accepting awards takes a really long time. Just getting the freakin links for eleven blogs takes a long time. Thinkin of things to tell about yourself takes a long time. Pinging everyone with your nomination takes a long time. Copy and Paste FOREVER, mk? Widgets, y’all.
Some people don’t accept awards. I follow 369 people, I can’t remember who doesn’t accept awards. If I’ve nominated you for an award and you don’t accept them, PARDON THE HELL OUT OF ME. Some people are too busy to accept. Some people think it’s cliquey. Some people act like you’ve sent them a chain letter, like their dog will die if they don’t nominate more people to accept an award. How dare you burden them with the task! But then, some of those same people wonder why they don’t have more readers, or why they don’t feel the sense of community…well, DUH.
I don’t give a damn if you accept the awards. You do not owe me an explanation. I will not notice if you don’t accept. I like your writing and I am happy to share your words with others.
I’m just glad someone thought of me.
That’s really nice, to be thought of.
Fellow bloggers thought of me six times during the month of April, and I appreciate all of them.
1. What’s your favorite ice cream?
2. What are you drinking?
3. Read any good books lately?
4. Seen any good films lately?
5. How’s your weather?
6. Had any interesting dreams here of late?
7. What’s ailin ya?
8. Do you know The Muffin Man, The Way to San Jose, or what I mean?
9. If you had to choose, would you rather be a cat or a dog?
10. What kind of fries do you like?
11. Do you think five questions would be more than enough?
I have things to do now. I’ll be pingin later. If you get to me first, thanks for saving me the trip. *winks*