Zzz for Z

Surely onomatopoeia counts.

I was in bed by nine last night. The Mister dozed off before me. I roused him and said, “If you wake up at seven or some shit, don’t try to get at me. Go away and drink coffee and come back later.”
“Okay.”

I fell asleep before eleven. I was smiling when I put my earplugs in. So excited for sleeping in!

At dawn, what’s that now, six-somethin? He was wibble wobblin and I may have shouted, “This is exactly what I didn’t want!”
We both went back to sleep until after ten.

It was divine.

My head’s not foggy, nor does it seem to weigh thirty pounds.

I love when sleep makes me feel like a new person, don’t you?

sadie1   a-z

Thanks to all of you who joined me from A-Z in April, I hope you enjoyed the ride!

This entry was posted in Personally and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to Zzz for Z

1. ghostmmnc says:

Congratulations for getting through the A/Z…I enjoyed reading your posts. 🙂 Have a relaxing weekend!

2. orbthefirst says:

Sleep is like coffee for people that have too much free time. 😉
    Glad you got to rest tho.

It was fun following you through the challenge – nicely done. I think you deserved to sleep in today.

4. Judy Martin says:

Well done for finishing the challenge, Joey, and with such a great post too! I am glad you got your lie-in and feel all fresh and raring to go! 🙂

5. Ally Bean says:

Congrats on finishing the challenge and on a good night’s sleep. Both are worthy accomplishments. 😉

6. Benson says:

What an appropriate ending for Joey’s alphabetical ride. I enjoyed it. What is in store for May? Enjoy your weekend.

Sleep is a wonderful thing. The older I get, the harder it is to not wake up a zillion times.

You made it to Z. Congrats!

8. Chez Shea says:

Perfect snoozzzzy post for z day!! Enjoy some well deserved rest!

9. jan says:

I’m having a hard time waking up today. Wish I did feel like a new person!

10. After the week from hell, I managed to sleep in a bit this morning. What a difference some rest makes. (PS – love the sleeping pup photo!)

11. Don’t know if you remember, but “Zzzzz” was also the title of an episode from the original “Outer Limits” show.

12. Deb says:

I love the deep kind of sleep that leaves me feeling refreshed and new too. Congrats on finishing the challenge.

13. Congratulations! That’s a whole bunch of letters. Enjoy your weekend. May it be full of more delicious sleep.

14. Is there anything worse than a day without sleep…naaah.

15. Your pic of the sleeping smiling dog sezzzzz it ALL!

16. Prior-01 says:

ahhhh- sleep – wonderful sleep – when all the neurological mess gtes cleaned – and so beauitfying –
    oh – and nice zzzzzz way to end the month out – have a great weekend

17. joannesisco says:

There are few things more glorious than a great night’s sleep 🙂

18. This was a great ride. And to me sleep does feel like the greatest drug ever.

19. Anxious Mom says:

Sounds amazing! Congrats on making it to the end 🙂

20. BunKaryudo says:

For me, sleep makes me feel like myself again rather than the zombie I become after getting back from work. 🙂

21. April says:

Recently, after returning from a 2 week stay with my mom, I went to sleep with a huge smile on my face because I was back in my own bed. Woke up feeling pretty good too. Is that your dog? It looks like my grand puppy.

22. dalecooper57 says:

“wibble wobbling”, I’ve never heard it called that before.

23. Ha! Yes to all of the above! I do love feeling like brand new when waking up. Even more though, I love waking up from an afternoon nap and having no idea what year it is.