Very Vexing V

The SoCs for today is vary/very, which is very upsetting as I had hoped to compose a veracious post about the veritable vocabulary of female genitalia, specifically the villainous overuse of the word vagina.

I’m here to vindicate vaginas everywhere. Some people have already stopped reading, and I know some of you may begin to squirm in your seat, but I will count all likes and comments as a victory.

People seem to think that vagina is a good word for any vague mention of a woman’s sex, but verily I say unto you, it’s no better than “down there.”

Vaginas are virtually unseen. A vagina is specifically the interior muscular channel. There’s a vulva before that, and a cervix along the way, but the purpose of the vagina is to get various stuff in and out of the nearby uterus. Vaginas account for a great deal of human intercourse and resulting childbirths.
All recreation aside, vaginas are vital to reproduction. They are serious places that deal with serious issues.

Vaginas do not get waxed, colored, or bedazzled.

Here are some charming visuals that evoke the same reaction:
— Having my colon tattooed
— Buying new lipstick for my esophagus
— Getting my Eustachian tubes pierced, you know, something small and whimsical

When men make mistaken claims about what vicious things they’re going to do to a woman’s vagina, coupled with their tendency to fail at properly finding the various peaks valleys outside of it, we women need to stand up vehemently for our genitalia, and inform them, “That is not sexy! That is scientifically impossible and your ignorance in this matter voids any desire I previously felt for you!”

hipster-ariel

Those men are bad enough, we don’t need women fueling the fire of ignorance, claiming one word covers it all.

I could go on, but this is not that kinda blog.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Very Vexing V

Ok. I made it through underwear and now this? Whoa, Joey, you’re really messing with me. I want to comment in support of this great effort in the A-to-Z but vaginas? Really? I got nothin’ Well, I got something but, no no no, let’s not even…

2. Josh Wrenn says:

I think this happens because Vulva sounds too much like Volvo and people get confused. 🙂

3. Anxious Mom says:

I somehow didn’t learn this vagina/vulva thing until I was 30. *hangs head*

4. Yes! Vulva, vulva, vulva! Cannot stress enough how much the misuse of the word vagina annoys me, lol.

5. Nothing stops you, Joey, and I love that aspect of you. You made me smile and bond with your thoughts as well. After all it’s gettting more challenging to find good topics for the last letters of the alphabet. And yet you’ve managed to keep us entertained in a funny and still totally appropriate way. See you on Monday. Letter W? Really?

6. Laughed from beginning to end! Loved it…I’d tell you how, with the writing I do, it’s referred but it’s never the vag…I’d be giving you a dozen like stars if I could for the joy of this post 🙂

7. rachelwhims says:

Haha! Sadly, I am one who gives it all to my vagina. But, I see what you’re saying.

8. hollie says:

Oh, Joey you make me laugh. I don’t think I shall tattoo my colon or bedazzle anything… My bits are just fine the way the are.

9. Veronica says:

How about va-jay-jay?! Oh I hate that word! Makes me cringe. You are absolutely spot on here. For the love of women, please do not disrespect our sacred parts.

10. This one time, I saw a woman’s “down there” part in a book. And it was in a book. And I even saw it.
    Your post was funny.

11. I’m giving this a like and a comment- a double victory for the vindication of vaginas!

12. Oh Joey, I did enjoy reading that. We need to speak out about the misuse of the ‘vagina.’ One size does certainly not fit all,and I’m glad that you are trying to educate the uninformed! Well done 🙂

13. Prajakta says:

My vagina just cheered reading this! Finally someone to stand up for her 😀

bravo…well said…:)