When do you feel most connected with others?
I don’t easily find connection with others. To me, feeling the most connected is based on seeing things in the same way. This is likely what drives me to seek out other artistic people.
What daily habit would you like to introduce to your life?
My life is already filled with daily habits and rituals. I’d like mornings that belong to me. Utter quiet to write in. The only way I can have this kind of morning is to wake at four or some shit, and so I do not. I would if I knew I could sleep in the afternoon, if I knew someone else would field doorbells, calls, and texts, but the world truly does not give a fuck when or if their Joey sleeps. Ever. Yes, it is a conspiracy! How else would you explain it?!
What one mini-little-adventure would you like to have in the coming week?
I think it’d be nice if it were warm and sunny (I cannot believe I just typed that.) so that I could have an epic DoorScursion. It is mid-May and yet I cannot recall when I last felt the sun on my face or felt warm to the bone.
List things or events that changed your Life: It could be as simple as a book or meeting a certain person?
Good gravy. Skipping influential people, books, and music will surely save 50000 words…My ACE score is 7, so maybe we should focus on adulthood…Then we’ll remove the negatives because this post already reads like a pity party…
1. I fell madly in love, which I still think is more like being hit over the head and dragged into a cave, but I cannot deny that it’s the most satisfying delusional experience I’ve ever had.
2. Not getting a job I badly wanted turned out to be one of the best worst things ever.
3. My body finally grew a baby. It turns out I hate growing babies, but I am truly amazed by the baby herself.
4. My body got so good at growing babies that it couldn’t wait to grow another baby, so I got the best surprise ever.
5. I rescued my dog, Sadie, and she rescued me.
6. I got to move home. I didn’t have to die in Georgia. Look at all the pretty trees! And there are squirrels and grasses and corn and ferns and birds and acorns and buckeyes and maple propellers and flowers! It snows and rains and the leaves change colors! And did I mention grass and trees?
7. We bought this house. I love our house.
8. Thanks to Bonnie Blue, my freedom-giving car, I am no longer at the mercy of others and especially not school buses.
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
Last week was fabulous, and for that, I am so grateful. It was sincerely sexy, tasty, funny, and full of good news. This week Sassy has a concert, Moo has a run, and we will join friends for dinner on Saturday.
Cee’s Share Your World is a weekly feature and all are invited to play along.
What’s going on in your world?